The Jax Forge is available to rent for qualified individuals. Please read our rental policies and prices below. You may also download and print a copy of our Forge Rental Policies & Agreement form.
Renters must be approved by Education personnel and instructed in procedures for using torches and forges by a qualified instructor before they will be cleared to work on their own.
- Rent is $150/month; $50/week; $15/day. (5% discount applies for members)
- Forge access available during the center’s business hours.
- Participants are required to sign in and out at the office during each visit.
- The forge is only available to renters when the space is not otherwise scheduled. Monthly class schedules are posted in the forge and in the front office binder.
- A $50.00 security deposit is required with rental agreement.
- Rental includes use of tools, equipment and coal. All tools must be returned to their respective storage containers.
- Renters will be assigned shelf space for their supplies and work upon request, and are obligated to confine their work to this space when not in the studio. Make arrangements for space with Education Department personnel.
- Renters are responsible for acquiring their iron and acetylene fuel, though they may purchase these from the center. Arrangements must be made with Education personnel before materials are used—unplanned use may result in insufficient supplies for classes.
- All safety precautions regarding use of the forge MUST be adhered to.
- Renters are responsible for damage done to tools and equipment due to negligence or mistreatment.
- Renters are responsible for cleaning forge areas they have used.
- Current charges for use of the iron and acetylene will be posted in the studio or available in the office.