Pottery Studio Rental
The Jax Pottery Studio is available to rent for qualified individuals. Please read our rental policies and prices below. You may also download and print a copy of our Pottery Studio Rental Policies & Agreement form.
- Renters must be approved for firing the kilns by Education Department personnel before they will be cleared to fire on their own.
- Rent is $100/month; $40/week; $7.50/day. A 5% discount applies for members of the center. Rent is due at the end of the day for 1-day rentals. However, weekly and monthly rental fees are due at the beginning of the rental period.
- Studio access available during the center’s business hours.
- Participants are required to sign in and out at the office and pick up a Pottery Studio Pricing Worksheet for each visit. Renters must also record each firing in the Kiln Log—located in the Front Office.
- The studio is only available to renters when the space is not otherwise scheduled. Monthly classes are posted in the studio and in front office.
- A $50.00 security deposit is required with rental agreement. The security deposit will be retained by the center for the duration of the agreed rental period. For weekly and monthly rentals, deposits will be returned after confirmation of pottery studio condition.
- Renters will be assigned shelf space for their supplies and work upon request, and are obligated to confine their work to this space when not in the forge. Make arrangements for space with Education Department personnel.
- Renters are responsible for acquiring their own clay and glazes, though they may purchase these from the center when available. Arrangements must be made with Education Department personnel before materials are used—unplanned use may result in insufficient supplies for classes.
- Renters are responsible for cleaning studio areas they have used.
- Current charges for use of the kilns will be listed on Pottery Studio Pricing Worksheet.
- All firing is coordinated by Education Department personnel and renters must check in to make sure of appropriate times to fire.