The Jax Glass & Metalsmithing Studio is available to rent for qualified individuals. Please read our rental policies and prices below. You may also download and print a copy of our Glass Studio Rental Policies & Agreement form.
- Renters must be instructed in procedures for using flameworking torches and firing the electric kilns by a qualified instructor before they will be cleared to work on their own.
- Studio access available during the Center’s business hours.
- The studio is only available to renters when the space is not otherwise scheduled. Monthly schedules are posted in the studio and in front office.
- Rent is $120/month; $50/week; $10/day. (5% discount applies for members)
- A $50.00 security deposit is required with rental agreement. The security deposit will be retained by the center for the duration of the agreed rental period. Unless otherwise specified, deposits will be returned after confirmation of forge condition.
- Rental includes use of toolkits. All tools must be returned to their respective storage containers.
- Renters will be assigned shelf space for their supplies and work upon request, and are obligated to confine their work to this space when not in the forge. Make arrangements for space with Education personnel.
- Renters are responsible for acquiring their glass, fuel and metalsmithing materials, though the center may have some available. Arrangements must be made with Education personnel before materials are used—unplanned use may result in insufficient supplies for classes.
- All safety precautions regarding use of glass and flammable gas MUST be adhered to.
- Renters are responsible for damage done to tools and equipment due to negligence or mistreatment.
- Renters are responsible for cleaning studio areas they have used.
- Current charges for use of the electric kilns will be posted in the studio or available in the office.
- Participants are required to sign in and out at the office during each visit.